Monday, May 19, 2008

Trip back to Washington DC




Shane had a Military History Seminar back in Washington DC with his ROTC group and I was able to go along. I have never been back there so it was fun to be able to see that part of the country. The war sights and memorials were the basis of the trip but we were able to spend time in Washington DC and do all the sightseeing there as well as visiting Gettysburg, Antietam, Petersburg and other sites. My favorite places were Arlington National Cemetary and Gettysburg. We were gone for 8 days and it was the first time I'd left Rylee...After the first day I was fine, she stayed with Liz for 4 days and with my mom for 4 days. She had a ball and probably didn't realize we were even gone!! Thanks Liz and Mom for taking such good care of her!! We had a lot of fun on our trip and we had a lot of fun people that we hung out with and did everything with.

8 comments:

Rachel Seren said...

It's so much fun to take a trip just the two of you. We went to New York last year and I wish we could go somewhere again. You miss the kids but I think it's great for you to be able to just get away as a couple.

Crystal said...

I wondered wherre you went. Looks like you had a great time with your hubby. i am glad you got to spend time with just him you will remember that forever. Good to hear that you are back!!

Shan @ Design Gal said...

oooh I loved DC when I visited! I want to take Andrew there so bad! It looks like you guys had fun!!!

Melissa said...

How fun! I would love to go to D.C. and all the places you went. How did Rylee do? It's nice going on a vacation with just the 2 of you huh, but even nicer to have something fun to come home to. :)

Michele said...

How fun! I grew up near DC so looking at all the pictures made me a little nostalgic. Maybe we'll go on a vacation just the two of us one of these days, I bet that was great for you guys.

Jenny said...

You guys look great! Glad you had a good time! I love all the pictures!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Oh my goodness!!! That looks so awesome and I bet it was so rejuvenating to get away!

The Cooks said...

Hey we went on the same trip it was AMAZING. I think we will go again. We went with them two years ago and it was a blast!! I can't believe all you get to see for so cheap. We even liked hanging out in the barracks every night. We went as the only two "civilians" and they were so nice to us. I really loved DC. We should get together soon, I feel awful but I thought you guys were gone I forgot you lived right over in the houses. We would love to see you.