Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What Do I Do...............


So I decided I'm not as unbreakable as I thought I was.... This little girly, who is sound asleep and as peaceful as ever has stopped wanting to eat (literally)... I mean its not like she really had a liking for any food in the first place... I can count on my fingers the things she liked to eat, well kind of eat... Rice chex with bananas, yogurt, chicken nuggets, wheat thins and pancakes/eggos!!
Seriously this is all she would eat... Ya, ya I've heard "she's two" "well she'll get over it" blah blah... so I did and figured hopefully one day she would actually try a vegetable for the first time....hahaha

So I didn't worry about it and continued not to worryabout it, la dee dah.
My pediatrician just said well you'll just have to find some thing that she does like to eat....

GEEZE thanks for the bright idea, NOT ;)>
She weighs normal and all her charts are normal but hello I'm a mom and I'm going to worry... isnt that what we do!!
So in the last 5 days or so that so called
"Rylee diet" that I mentioned above has dwingled down to nothing but wheat thins and her milk/water!!! I'm totally not exaggerating either, she wont eat anything that she used to at all!! She doesn't act any differnt she is just as spunky and lively as ever!!! Go Figure!!
I'll be the first to admit that I have shed many a tear about this situation and maybe I'm just totally over-reacting (or maybe its just the hormones) but its a huge stress everyday just waiting to see if she'll eat something good for her!! Maybe I should try and find some protein drink or something that she can drink thats like milk, so atleast she is getting some sort of nutrition :) I'm just worried is all and decided I would just vent my frustration here in hopes that one day she will eat something :)



The Wheat Thin & Milk Girl

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Brookelyn went through that stage and I know that is not what you wanted to hear. I cried and freaked out for a long while until finally I decided not to push it. If Brookelyn was healthy and full of energy and nothing else changed but her eating, it would be okay. It was the hardest few months (yes months). Brookelyn even went through an imaginary food stage where she would only eat imaginary food. She didn't eat anything at all. She drank water and milk but that was it.
Once I let her be, she came around. Offer her other foods but don't force her. She is at the stage where she wants to be the one to decide things and not have things forced upon her. Brookelyn came around, I know Rylee will too.

Melissa said...

You are so cute! My little niece did the EXACT same thing at the same age. My sister in law tried everything, and after a couple of months she was eating regular food again. I don't know if you eat with her, or if she usually eats her meals by herself. I know that when my sis-nlaw ate with her little girl (and just focused on her own food) her little girl ate a little bit better. Sometimes I think kids see us not eating and so they think they don't have to eat. You do have a mother's intuition :) and if you feel that some is really wrong, check with your doctor, or call a diff. doctor for a 2nd opinion. I'm sure she is just fine though. :) Good luck!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Kay, do we have the same kid!? Seriously, take off bananas and that's all I can get Lilly to eat too! She'll down pancakes by the truckload but give her anything normal, it's ON THE FLOOR. GRR!!! Rylee is such a doll, I love her! Did you make her bows!? SOOOOOO cute!!!

Michele said...

I feel your pain. Shelby doesn't eat veggies hardly at all and doesn't eat that much variety either. I stress about it too, you're not the only one. If she doesn't want to eat or doesn't like it it's on the floor too! Very frustrating right? Well, hopefully this too shall pass.

Lacey Allen said...

Hey Girl
I am sorry.... Abi is in that stage now and has been for a while... So I make sure she drinks a 10 oz cup of milk with CARNATION instant breakfast(chocolate) in the milk 3 times a day. Her doc said she will get over it and the CARNATION will ensure she is getting her daily vitamins. Good luck!

Rachel Seren said...

So, I am glad I wasn't the only one. Cole went through that exact same thing. He would only eat yogurt, goldfish, and granola bars. Then out of nowhere all he ate was milk and goldfish. I was totally where you were, it's not healthy and I would worry and cry. Now, my approach wasn't what most people would do. But I was desperate. Everyone told me "they won't starve themselve" But they apparently hadn't met my son. But I experimented anyway. I wasn't going to make special meals for just him. So I would make breakfast if he didn't want it. I would wipe him up and off he went. Lunch came I made him a healthy well balanced meal, he wouldn't eat it so I cleaned him up and laid him down for a nap. Dinner came same thing. The next day he had yogurt again for breakfast and then nothing the rest of the day. I was worrying and didn't know how long I could go on with this. After Four days we were sitting down at my parents and they made meatloaf and cabbage, I thought "wow fat chance he eats this here we go again!" But the boy scarfed it down! And even though it wasn't perfect from then on his variety of food intake totally increased. I am not saying this was the best thing, but it worked. He still almost two years later insn't perfect but so much better and well rounded when it comes to eating. Jesse did it when he was little and I gave in and wasn't willing to to it with cole. Sorry for the long post but that was my story. If you find a better way, because I am sure there is. Let me know.

The Larsen's said...

My cousin has the same problem with her kids and the doctor said that it was even okay for the kids to get the wal-mart brand of slim fast just to give them the nutrients that they needed. Sorry that she is not eating. My boys are pretty good eaters. Hope that things work out for you.

shane smith said...

Jamie, you are a great Mom. I don't have any great advice...wish I did. I do have alot of confidence that you will work it out. Love you for being such an awesome wife to Shane and for being such an incredible mother to Rylee. Liz

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Oh its the name. My niece named Rylee is the worlds most picky eater. When she was younger she only at peanut butter on ritz. She has always maintained her weight and has more energy than any 5 kids put together. Shes 8 and still picky but has gotten much better. If you find something she will eat give it to her. Don't force things it will make it worse. I always figure if they get hungry enough they'll eat.

Sister C said...

Feeding tubes work great.....hook her up to one while she's sleeping and fill her up!!! HAHAAHAHA I LOVE YOU!