Saturday, April 11, 2009

Sydnee Lynn Smith

Sydnee Lynn Smith


Sydnee arrived on Thursday April 9th at 3:10 pm... She weighed an even 8lbs and was 20 inches!!! I haven't had a chance to upload some pics yet but hopefully I will get some time later to do it :)
I went in on Thursday morning to be induced at around 7 ish, it took a while for the potocin to kick in and well then I had the pleasure of getting two epidurals, yep that's right TWO. The brilliant money making anthestiologist missed the first time and oh my goodness that is an expierience I dont ever want to happen again, needles digging around in my back, grrrrr....but the second one worked!!! I went from a 5 to a 10 in like an hour it was crazy and Shaner decided he was hungry and left to get something to eat, thinking it would be a while but the nurse came in like 5 minutes later and said I was ready, ahhhh where is Shane!!! :) I finally got a hold of him and he ran back, heheh!!! It was a pretty easy delivery I pushed like 3 times and there she was!!! She has so much dark hair though, I was super surprised, and has the longest eyelashes, they were curling the opposite way it was so funny!!!
We left the hospital yesterday and she had to only pass one more test the "jaundice/billirubin" test well I was all excited because she passed everything else with flying colors, well that wasn't the case. She failed the jaundice test and so Sydnee at the moment is living in bassinet with tanning bed lights, its really weird but I feel so bad because she hates it and cant snuggle in a blanket or any clothes, she has to be in a diaper and that's it!!! So its been an interesting 24hrs being home, I just want to hold and snuggle her all the time and Rylee wants to hold her but she has been ordered to stay in this light bed unless she is eating...Ahh I hope on Monday the doc says she can get out of it!!! Alright so I will get some pics on here later...Until then thanks so much for your support :)


24 comments:

Jenny said...

Congrats Jamie & Shane! I hope she gets un-yellow fast and things get back to "normal" quickly! Can't wait to see some pics! Love ya! ;)

Melissa said...

Yay I am so excited for you! Congratulations! I'm glad that the delivery went well other than 2 epidurals YUCK! That is the worst part of labor I think... I won't go into my epidural details with Jackson. :) I am so happy for you and how cool that she has long pretty eyelashes just like her mama. Love ya!

Crystal said...

way to go new momma of a new little girl. i love the name. Its way cute. Congrats and let us know how everything goes. Cant wait to see the pictures!

Lisa K said...

Colton had to be in the "tanning bed" for 4 days, so I feel your pain! He had jaundice for like a whole month, it sucked.

Jessica said...

ahhh....she sounds so cute! I can't believe you have two little angels! LUCKY! I hope all is going well for you! :D I miss you and wish I was there. I still remember when I went over and saw Rylee for the first time. Gosh they grow so fast! Okay I'm done crying now! Miss ya lots Shaniquah! I hope all is well! Love ya~ Rown

The Belnaps said...

Congrats Congrats!! That is so exciting! I cant wait to see pictures! I bet she is beautiful!

JaCee said...

mmmm, she is so delicious, i just love her already! can't wait to see her again!

Lacey Allen said...

woo hoo congrats!!! she is a beautiful baby!

Jenny said...

Yay for pictures! She's beautiful, of course! ;)

Katy said...

Congrats!! She is too cute.

shane smith said...

She is beautiful. We had a great time with Rylee and Shane yesterday! Mom Smith

Michele said...

She's sooooo adorable. Good work guys.

Ashley said...

She is a doll! I love all that hair!!!! I wish I could try out those tanning bed lights...I think it would feel great. I hope you are getting some sleep. How is Rylee doing with her, hopefully good. Get so rest, she's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! We are so happy for you guys.

Kathy and Brice

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Oh she is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! and look at all that beautiful hair!!!!! WOW!!! What a beautiful family!

Amy said...

oh i love it!! she is too cute!! way to cut yourself out of that pic you nerd, i saw it on your camera and you look GREAT! (you did just have a baby you know) it was good to see you and I hope you get to snuggle her soon!! See ya in 4 months!

Kate said...

LOVE those cheeks!!!! Congrats Jamie!!

Rachel Seren said...

She is so cute! I love her hair! Congrats! I totally understand the pain of an epidural, when I had Cole the guy stuck me over 19 times he just couldn't get it to go in the right spot!!! I had blood all over my back. Glad everything went well!

tiny said...

Congrats Jamie, Shane and big sister Rylee! She is beautiful.

Biggs Family said...

Congratulations Jamie! I am so glad that she made it here safe and sound and that you are doing ok. She is such a beautiful baby girl! I love that she has long eyelashes just like you. Love you girl.

Molly Bea said...

OH Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you guys. She is so cute! Both of your girl's names were on our list...good thing we had boys so they don't have the same names I guess! needless to say, good choices. I'm so glad things went well too. Hooray! Can't wait to hear how Rylee takes to her new sis! Recover Well!

The Gag-nears said...

She is adorable! Congrats!!

Shan @ Design Gal said...

BEAUTIFUL! Congrats you guys! So much to be excited about!

Shan @ Design Gal said...

BEAUTIFUL! Congrats you guys! So much to be excited about!