Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Hunting Season Begins

Alright so my brothers are obsessive hunters and on Saturday was the opening morning for the bow hunt. Me and my mom and Rylee drove up the canyon for a drive up where my brothers were at. It was like 44 degrees and it was freezing so we just stayed in the car and drove around for a while....We saw a doe and her two fawns and Rylee kept saying "Bambi, Bambi" (she loves Bambi right now)... Well we got a call a little later and found out that my brother's friend Tyrell (Rylee's new crush) had gotten a deer!! We drove over to where they were bringing it down the mountain and as you can tell from the photo below, Rylee thought it was the coolest thing in the world to be able to touch a "Bambi".... I'm so glad she wasn't upset about it not still moving around, didn't quite know how to explain that part to her....


This is the hunting party.... My brother Chad, Tyrell, my brother Brett, & Ricky!!!


This is Tyrell with his deer....Tyrell is Rylee's new crush!! It was so cute, when he comes over to my mom's she goes up and gives him hugs and she always asks where "Ty" is when he's not there... its so funny!!!


This Ty and Brett with Ty's deer..... Brett has seen monster bucks but wasn't able to find his on Saturday, I'm pretty sure he'll be up there every day until he finds it!!



13 comments:

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

How...interesting! Actually, yuck!! But Rylee looks so happy with her cute deer head! :) What funny pictures, I hope she remembers that funny adventure!

Jessica said...

Rylee having a "bf" is hilarious! What a funny thing. Also its hilarious to hear about "BAMBI" you are definitely lucky to not have to explain the whole dead thing to her. So that is the new movie of the month eh?

Jess :D

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

That is so cute she has a crush already. Oh the fun you guys are going to have when she gets older!!! Good luck with that.

Jill said...

That's crazy she wasn't afraid and would even touch it! What a tough girl! :) She's so cute Jamie!

Jenny said...

What a great post! Too funny! We're still stuck on Pocahontas at my house... I'd love a change! How awesome that Ry wasn't scared of the deer! Fun, fun! ;)

Sarah Oman said...

That looks so cool. I wonder if she will want to do that when she gets older???

Ashley said...

Jamie I love your cute blog!!! I am going to have you help me fix mine next time I come to Logan!!! Your wedding pictures are so cute!

Crystal said...

yeah for the hunting season..dont we just love it! So how are you I havent heard from you in awhile. I guess shane is home so i bet you are doing great.

Kate said...

That makes me laugh -- and makes me sick! Props to Rylee....I honestly don't think I would get that close (let alone touch) a dead deer like that! Ugh!! Grosses me out -- lucky I am not married to a hunter.

Kari Hasebi said...

Hey Jamie, it was great to finally meet Rylee and to see you again. I had a great time at the park. Hope we can get together another time soon.

Jessica said...

hey are you still alive...I like the new background shaniquah. its cute! How are you? I'm going to be in Logan on Friday evening and Saturday. Do you want to get together and do dinner on Friday night? Let me know asap! Call me!

Jess :D

Kate said...

Hey Jamie! I tagged you -- check out my blog for details.

The Gag-nears said...

Jamie, I am glad I finally found you online. It's me, Rebecca Gagnier! How have you been? Your little girl is GORGEOUS! I love your blog and hope you are doing good! You are my inspiration. come to my blog to keep in touch!