Friday, July 17, 2009

Random Ramblings

Wow its been hot these past couple of days and we've been playing a lot outside..in the water of course (running through sprinklers and having some neighborhood pool parties) I cant wait for next summer when Sydnee will be old enough to go to the pool and she wont just have to hang out in her carseat... She has the most delicate (snow white) skin, I hate to even let the sun touch her...I put sunscreen on her one time while we were out and later that night she broke out with big rash/hive things all over, so no sunscreen on this little girl for now....As for Rylee she loves the water, well as long as it stays off her face...future swim lessons are going to be interesting :)

Shaner is at Drill this weekend and we were headed to my mom's for the Draper Days Celebration but my mom went to San Diego to see "Coldplay" instead (I'm jealous) and my brother is going camping so that plan didn't work out... :( Me and Ry have been making up dances (I know, I know, try to imagine me with some sort of rhythm, I know its hard to imagine) hahah

Rylee tells stories of "Prince Edward and Bella" (no joke) she loves them!!! She will randomly ask me if we can listen to Edward play the piano... now I promise I am not that obsessed with Twilight ( I was just watching it one day when she woke up from her nap and she has loved them ever since)....

My cute, energetic and world traveling Grandma Day had her birthday today and I wanted to wish her a Happy Birthday, I swear she gets younger every year!!! She's headed to Russia and Scandanavia tomorrow..Lucky!!!

So I'm on the hunt for easy one person recipes that are actually nutrionally sound.....hahah Shane leaves again soon for Army stuff and well I decided my occassional bowl of cereal(love it) isnt going to cut it..haha No seriously cooking for one person is hard (in my mind) Rylee doesnt like to eat still, go figure, so finding something for her isnt too hard....So if you have any great ideas send them my way...thanks :)
Oh and thanks for listening to my Random Ramblings...... :)>

6 comments:

Crystal said...

your girls are just so cute. A recipe i use is really easy. frozen chicken breast in a crock pot. add fat free or not cream of chicken soup in. Add carrots poatatos, celery, onions, basically whatever you like. cook it for about 4 hours until chicken is done and pour over brown rice. really good and if you make it for a couple days its great as a leftover.

Lisa K said...

I agree that cooking for one person is hard. If Joe isn't around for dinner I just have a bowl of cereal!

Rachel Ray has very easy and quick recipes that always taste good and are healthy. See if your library has some of her cookbooks and check them out. Or go to foodnetwork.com. Hope that helps!

shane smith said...

How can anyone have two of the cutest little girls in the world!!! See you at Cold Stone tonight. Liz

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

You guys are are so awesome! I love it that Rylee is already addicted to Twilight, haha!

Kari Hasebi said...

Your girls are so cute! I just got caught up on your blog. I would have been kickin' someone's ass in that nursery!!! Hope her arm is better.

Michelle said...

I love that Rylee loves twilight! She is so funny. Your girls are seriously so beautiful! Sydnee has the most amazing blue eyes! I hope you guys are doing well and I hope we can make another Logan trip to see you before to long!