Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Happy Anniversary Shaner!!!


It's been a fabulous 4 years, we have been blessed with so much and have so much to be grateful for. I love my Shaner so much and I'm so lucky to be his wife! He is an amazing dad to Rylee and I couldn't ask for a better husband. I'm so proud of him and all that he is doing right now for us..(work, school & the military)
When we got married my Grandma Day wrote a silly poem about us that she read at our wedding breakfast and I thought it would be funny to share it with you!!

Shane & Jamie

On April 23 1980, Shane and Liz Smith had their first baby boy,

He was born in Provo Utah and brought them so much joy.

October 1981 in Sandy, Steve and Becky gave birth to a little girl,

She was healthy and chubby and had black hair that would curl.

These two little babies were born miles apart,

How little did they know when their friendship would start.

Now jamie stayed closed to the place of her birth,

Shane went with his family to far parts of the earth

His travels took him to California, Austria and Mexico,

While Jamie stayed in Sandy and learned how to throw.

Shane attended schools all over the place,

While Jamie scratched up her knees diving  into first base.

Shane's family settled in logan when he was fifteen,

At twelve Draper became Jamie's new scene.

Who would have known that a few years down the road,

Their lives would come together during academic overload.

They met at UVSC in a class where they were studying anatomy

When shane leaned over Jamie's shoulders and said “can I see”

He wanted her notes, well that's what he said

But they ended up having hot fudge Sunday's instead

They were really good friends and did lots of thing together

He watched her ball games in all kinds of weather

The kindness he showed her touched her heart strings

The flowers on her bed and other sweet things

Shane went to Houston in the summer of 2003

Left jamie with the impression that together they would be

The friendship they kindled had soon turned to love

And he asked her to marry him under the stars up above

The preparation the planning, has all been much fun

And now here we are together and shane and Jamie have been joined together as one

The temple ceremony joined them as husband and wife

To live together through eternity as well as this life

Our love and our best wishes go out to them now

And as we see them together we can only saw “WOW”

I love you babe!!

Well tonight me and Rylee got a surprise!!!JaCee came to our door and asked us to come outside and see a surprise...So me and Ry walked out and saw this:



Cole was coming down the street on it and I was floored, seriously.....my husband never ceases to amaze me!!! Shane got Rylee the wagon thing for her birthday and he got me a bike (which I've wanted for a really long time) for our anniversary!!! He thinks of everything and I was so surprised!!! (Cole & JaCee were in on it obviously and you guys thank you so much for getting this and surprising us, I love you guys!!) Shaner I wish so much that you were here but I'm so very proud of you and what you are doing, I love you!!!

14 comments:

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

I love how beautiful your blog header always looks!!! And what a sweet husband, that is the coolest present ever!!! I'm sorry you can't be with each other but I hope the day is wonderful still. :)

Melissa said...

Congratulations on 4 years! I'm sorry you aren't able to spend it together, but what an amazing guy and sweetheart to surprise you with a bike... how cool & sweet! You look gorgeous in your wedding pictures! love ya tons!

The Cooks said...

How cool that was so fun to read way to go Shane. I am so excited for your bike!! You guys will love it. Happy Anniversary!1 I just wanted to also say we are proud of Shane and thanks for what you are doing. You too Jamie. Happy Birthday to Rylee too she is so cute and it is crazy she is already two. I love her new pictures she is a cutie.

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Thats awesome! What a sweet hubby you have!

Jessica said...

Yay!!! You have a bike! I bet it isn't a Huffy either! HEHE! Happy Anniversary! You are such a cute person! I am so grateful for your friendship!

Smile lots!

Jess :D

The Belnaps said...

Ahh! Your blog is to die for again! That big picture of Rylee is soooo Cute! I will probably be going to her wedding right at the beginning. So probably like 6. I think she invited some more softball people, but im not sure who exactly. Dang, I wanted to see Crystal i thought she would come... Oh well. Well I hope to see you on sat! Congrats on your anniversary! Talk to you soon:)

Rachel Seren said...

What a fun surprise! I have also wanted a bike and carrier for years! Have fun!

HaleyandGabe said...

hey the big picture of your little girl is way cute! and how funny...Gabe gave me a bike on our first anniversary hahaha

Shan @ Design Gal said...

So sweet! Love the bike and I LOVE your wedding pics!

The Belnaps said...

Hey, I have the address at home but I dont have the internet there. Email me your phone number and I will text you or call you with the address. Its erickabelnap@gmail.com

Miss Deja said...

What a beautiful bride! You deserve the great husband you have and he deserves you! You guys are amazing and have such a beautiful family. Congrats on your anniversary!

Biggs Family said...

Congratulations Jamie on 4 years! I love you wedding photos, what a cute couple you guys are. Happy Anniversary!

Kari Hasebi said...

Hey Jamie, I can't imagine how tough it is with shaner gone. Happy Anniversary!!! I hope you can come down soon and we can all get together for a barbeque.

Dean Family said...

Just crying at how sweet you guys are together, the sweet wedding pictures, and everything!! You guys are so cute. How fun- Miss you guys so much right now!