Thursday, July 31, 2008

Carter Family Reunion



Last weekend Shane's mom side of the family had their family reunion up Cinnamon Creek Canyon... (South end of Cache Valley area) There were lots of fun little cousins there for Rylee to play with and get into mischief of course. Above is Rylee and Bailey playing in a handcart.
Shane was home for the weekend before he headed to Colorado for three weeks and was able to spend some time with us and his family. This is Shane pulling around all the little girls, he was deemed their horse for the night :) That was until all the girls were just sitting in the cart without anyone holding the front end up.....the next thing we knew the girls started to all move to the back of the cart and it flipped and Rylee was in the back and hit the ground face first....She came up with a mouth full of dirt and rocks, a bloody nose, and two fat lips....
The pic below is a couple days later after her face started to look normal again, I tried to take a pic of it when it happened but she wouldn't have anything to do with it, I don't blame her either!! She ended up with cuts and bruises to show for her crash in the lovely Pioneer Handcart!!!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

OuChiE! How sad she looks! I hope that things are going well. Things are good here. I watched Definitely, Maybe last night. It was an interesting movie. I liked it, but it was kind-of sad. Have you watched Mamma Mia yet?

Jess :D

Rachel Seren said...

I am happy for you that you got to spend time with your hubby! It would've freaked me out to watch all those little girls flip over. Glad she is overall ok.

Lacey Allen said...

oh no!!! That is sooo sad, glad she is doing better. :)

Jessica said...

no no I liked it, its just it was sad, but it was cute....its definitely different. I think I kinda compared it to other movies and its not my FAVORITE.....but its good.

Crystal said...

dang it poor girl.she looks like it was a good one. I am glad you got to spend some time with shane and i hope you are having a great summer

JaCee said...

um, those are cute pictures! lets go to the pool this week...

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor little girl. I hate it when the kids get hurt. It is so sad. She really is so stinkin' cute though.